Welcome to the Living Architecture Monitor
The Living Architecture Monitor's mission is to increase awareness of the economic, social, and environmental benefits of green roofs, walls and other forms of living architecture. The Living Architecture Monitor also hosts the Journal of Living Architecture (JLIV), a peer reviewed, scientific journal published by the Green Infrastructure Foundation (GIF).
This issue of the Living Architecture Monitor is focused on the annual awards of excellence program, celebrating the best of 2018's green roof and green wall design projects.
This issue also features articles on the importance of addressing concerns of climate change, specifically the impacts of the urban heat island as our cities learn to cope with their new climate realities. This issue is inspiring, informative and connects you to leaders that are making our cities healthier, more resilient spaces.
In the Current Living Architecture Monitor (LAM)
- On the Roof With... Two Experts Reflect on Future Trends in Roofing
- Hot Frogs, City Regions, and Environmental Justice
- Does Plant Selection Influence the UHI
- Portland's New Mandatory Green Roof Legislation
- Denver Compromises on Mandatory Green Roofs for Existing Buildings
- Eight Award Winning Project Profiles
- Urban Heat Island Warning!
- Now is the Time to Make Green Roofs Mandatory in New York City
In the Current Journal of Living Architecture (JLIV)
The Living Architecture Monitor is supported by the following advertisers
Search past articles here: