CitiesAlive: 15th Annual Green Roof & Wall Conference - Registration Now Open!
Building Resilience and Equity Across Cascadia: People, Community, and Places
September 18-21, 2017 // citiesalive.org
Toronto, ON / Seattle, WA - May 18, 2017 - This year, Seattle, Washington will host CitiesAlive: 15th Annual Green Roof and Wall Conference with the theme Building Resilience and Equity Across Cascadia: People, Community, and Places. Join green roof and wall leaders as we celebrate the region's design leadership with featured Pacific Northwest content; presentations from over 60 world-renowned and local designers, researchers, and policy makers and opportunities to connect with industry experts. Discover new products and services at the CitiesAlive trade show, tour Seattle's best green infrastructure projects, and enhance your practice with professional development courses.
"Cascadia is growing rapidly and there is a fantastic opportunity to grow the green roof and wall industry in this market, and address many important issues from preserving salmon habitats to moving towards healthier and more equitable communities." said Steven W. Peck, Founder & President of Green Roofs for Healthy Cities.
Why attend CitiesAlive: 15th Annual Green Roof and Wall Conference:
- Outstanding Cascadia-focused agenda:
- Special opening plenary will pay tribute to Stephen Kellert's life, a pioneer in the development of biophilic design to celebrate his life and how his legacy lives on with a panel discussion featuring Kathleen Wolf, Ph. D., Research Social Scientist, University of Washington; Judith Heerwagen, Program Expert, Office of Federal High Performance Green Buildings, GSA; Bill Browning, Principal, Terrapin Bright Green; Gail Vittori, Co-Director, Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems; Chair, GBCI; and Bert Gregory, Principal, Mithun.
- Learn from master designers about signature projects and the lessons they provide such as the Facebook Roof Park and Transbay Terminal with Chris Guillard, PLA, Founding Partner, CMG Landscape Architecture, and Paul Kephart, GRP, ASLA, President, CEO Ecologist & Designer, Rana Creek Design.
- Take the pulse of green infrastructure policy from leaders in Cascadia and beyond with Dr. Hamid Karimi, Deputy Director, Natural Resources Administration, DC DOEE, Jeff Joslin, Director of Current Planning, San Francisco Planning Department, and Mami Hara, General Manager / CEO, Seattle Public Utilities (invited).
- Unique Networking Opportunities: New this year, join us for the GRP Welcome Reception where you'll get acquainted with event attendees and learn about GRP business opportunities. Then, mingle with green roof and wall professionals from across North America at one of the top visitor attractions in the Puget Sound region, the Seattle Aquarium, for the Local Host Reception and enjoy some of the region's best cuisine and local beverages.
- All New Track: In the Design Studio With is an all new session track designed to learn the tricks of the trade first-hand from award-winning master design professionals, with these intimate sessions. Interact with Jeffrey L. Bruce, FASLA, ASIC, LEED, GRP; Debra Guenther, FASLA, LEED AP BD+C, Partner, Mithun; David Yocca, FASLA, AICP, LEED AP, Senior Partner, Conservation Design Forum; Jennifer Guthrie, PLA, FASLA, Founding Partner, Gustafson Guthrie Nichol.
CitiesAlive will engage living architecture professionals from across Cascadia and North America seeking to explore the science behind green roof and wall performance, technology, and design through the lens of different climates and cities within Cascadia and throughout North America.
Delegates who register before June 30th will save $100 on an Advanced Delegate Pass. Register at www.citiesalive.org. GRHC is an approved education provider for LA CES, AIA CES, ASCE, BOMI, NLAP, APLD, CCA, and RCI. Attendees can earn up to 11 CEUs at CitiesAlive.
For more information on CitiesAlive contact:
Exhibitor opportunities: Tracy Jackson / email@example.com / 461.971.4494 x222
Media inquiries or passes (accredited media only): Kara Orr / firstname.lastname@example.org / 461.971.4494 x226
General information: Tessa Soltendieck / email@example.com / 416.971.4494 x225
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities (GRHC) is a membership-based industry association developing the green (vegetative) roof and wall industry in North America. GRHC’s mission is to increase the awareness of the economic, social and environmental benefits of green roofs and green walls, and other forms of living architecture through education, advocacy, professional development and celebrations of excellence. Visit www.greenroofs.org for more information.